Install LVT in a day!
Install LVT in a day!
Install LVT in a day with UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control
Prime, level and install in only 4-5 hours!
With the UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control System, luxury vinyl tiles can be installed in one day when there is residual moisture within cement screeds up to 95% RH.* This exceptionally simple and easy use system is not only extremely cost effective but also saves time and labour.
When protecting against high residual moisture, flooring contractors no longer have to apply a damp proof membrane to the floor, prime and then install the smoothing compound. With the exceptionally simple UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control System, fitters just have to prime the concrete, mix and apply the bag & bottle smoothing compound and finally apply the adhesive. Job done in only 4 to 5 hours. This exceptionally simple and easy use moisture control system for floors means project can be completed in one day.
Step by step guide
The substrate must be prepared as normal i.e. be sound, free from cracks, clean and free from materials which would impair adhesion. Thoroughly vacuum to remove dust.
If the substrate measures 90% RH or below apply one coat of UZIN L3 Gold System primer using a foam roller and allow to dry for 1 hour. If it measures between 91% to 95% RH apply a second coat and allow to dry.
Mix the bag and bottle components UZIN L3 Gold Powder and the UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control liquid. Once the product is fully mixed it can be applied over the floor using a steel trowel at depths from 3 mm to 5 mm. It is then ready to accept most floor coverings within 2 hours.
Choose a suitable adhesive for installing the LVT such as UZIN KE 66 high temperature adhesive. Apply evenly onto the substrate using an A2 notched trowel. When the LVT has been installed, rub over the whole area with a pressure roller. UZIN KE 66 is ideal for luxury vinyl tiles as its fibre reinforced to restrict any movement of the tiles.
The work is then complete andLVT is protected against residual moisture in the screed. Save time and money with this rapid moisture control system.
* Suitable for use up to 95% RH if the substrate is primed with two coats. Suitable up to 90 % RH with one coat of UZIN L3 Gold System Primer. See the product data sheets for more information.
** Load bearing after 24 hours. Please refer to the product data sheets when using all products.
UZIN KE 66 Fibre-Reinforced Adhesive
High temperature adhesive for luxury vinyl tiles, vinyl and rubber
- Excellent working properties
- Very low consumption
- Short open time
UZIN L 3 Gold System Primer System Primer
Primer for UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control System
- simple handling
- very rapid drying
- no quartz sand sprinkling
UZIN L3 Gold Moisture Control Rapid Drying 2 Part Smoothing Compound
Two component smoothing compound for use in areas of high residual moisture
- For use in areas of high residual moisture
- Ammonia and latex free
- Suitable for thickness from 3 – 5 mm
- Excellent flow
- Excellent adhesion and bond strength
- Ready for floor covering in approx 2 hours
- Very low stress
- Absorbent providing a good key for adhesives
The packaging of UZIN L3 Gold primer and liquid canisters are sustainable as they are made from recycled cardboard rather than plastic. As the cardboard can be flattened it is much easier to recycle and saves floor contractors the expense and hassle of disposing large amounts of plastic bottles. The new packaging means:
- 77% less CO2 – The cardboard packaging allows much more efficient method of transporting as more weight and units can be put on a pallet. Transportation is therefore reduced and less CO2 discharged.
- 85% less waste – Only the liner is made from plastic, which can be returned and disposed off. The cardboard canister is made from recycled material which can be recycled.