2. Who is Uzin Utz UK Ltd?
Uzin Utz UK Ltd – which we’ll refer to as ‘the company’ in this document – is a subsidiary of Uzin Utz Group, we distribute a number of brands which we refer as business units into the UK and Ireland
For simplicity throughout this notice, ‘we’ and ‘us’ means Uzin Utz UK and all its brands.
3. Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
Uzin Utz UK Ltd is responsible for handling personal data provided under your consent For example, when you tick a box to receive newsletters, information and promotions about Uzin Utz UK Ltd products and services by e-mail, text, phone or post.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service. Data will be kept and stored while there will be a mutual interest in maintaining a commercial relationship.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations with the company you are connected with. For example, if you order from us and provide a home address, we’ll collect the address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the company to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
4. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit any of our websites, or redeem vouchers from the company on the phone, in a distributor’s shop or online.
- When you create an account with us.
- We collect data from a business card you handed over to us.
- When you purchase a product or service in a distributor’s store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you download or install one of our apps.
- When you join a company loyalty programme (e.g. Stick with Uzin).
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our Staff to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event, for example a training day at our Technical School.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services. Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about any other partner who provided that service, then it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, a claim for damaged goods, a Partner may collect your personal data. (I.e. currier)
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly available sources (such as Contract Flooring Association) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
5. What sort of personal data do we collect?
- We may request: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, your email account, and telephone number
- Details of your interactions with us through sales managers, calls into the office or by using one of our apps.
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, gift list and wish list choices, voucher redemptions, brands you show interest in and how and when you contact us.
For example, where you redeem your vouchers.
- Details of your visits to our websites or apps, and which site you came from to ours.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your car number plate may be recorded at some of our car parks to manage parking restrictions.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
6. How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give your company the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who it’s workers are by combining the data we have about you and the company you work for. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. In the case of loyalty scheme members, we’ll also offer you relevant rewards. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below. Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by phone, email, apps or in our offices. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard an account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We’ll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites or apps, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive app notifications and / or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
For example, we might display a list of items you’ve recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on your purchase history and any other data you’ve shared with us.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us.
7. Combining your data for personalised direct marketing
We want to bring you offers and promotions that are most relevant to your interests at particular times. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data gathered across our different brands i.e. UZIN & Wolff as described above. For this purpose we also combine the data that we collect directly from you with data that we obtain from third parties to whom you have given your consent to pass that data onto us.
8. How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and identify ways to further strengthen security.
9. How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If you’ve not used your account for more than five years, it will be flagged as inactive
If your order included a warranty, the associated personal data will be kept until the end of the warranty period.
10. Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, delivery couriers, technicians visiting your home, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- I f we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
- See our Cookies Notice in point 11 (see below).For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer
Data Protection Officer
Uzin Utz UK Ltd,
Unit 2 Mitchell Court,
11. What data is collected when you visit our website?
Every time a user accesses an internet page for one of our offers, and every time a file is retrieved, data will be stored in a log file about this process. These files are not personal, so we can’t track which user requested which data. More specifically, the following data record will be stored for each retrieval:
- Name of file retrieved
- Date and time of retrieval
- Amount of data transferred
- Report of whether retrieval was successfulNo personal user profile will be built. The data stored for only be evaluated for statistical purposes. It will not be forwarded to any third parties.
Our websites uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are saved to your computer and allow your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie through your use of this website will generally be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. In the event that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted for a Google server in the US and truncated there. Google is commissioned by the operator of this website to use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compile reports about website activities, and render additional services related to website and internet usage with respect to the website operator. The IP address transmitted from your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data from Google. You can prevent the storing of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to inform you that in this event, not all functions of this website may be able to be used to its full extent. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie that is related to your use of the website (including your IP address) at Google, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link [Add link here. The current link is tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
E-mail newsletters may contain “web beacons.” A web beacon is a mostly transparent graphic element that is hosted in the newsletter e-mail to get more information about the online behaviour of the user. Web beacons are used by third-party provider technologies to observe the newsletter usage, as well as the activity of the user on our website, and evaluate it for the purpose of adjusting the content of the newsletter and the websites retrieved to the user’s needs. You allow us to track which computer accessed a specific website, when, and from where. This data may be forwarded to a service provider for analysis and evaluation of user data. All service providers are required by us to adhere to the Federal Data Protection Act.
General conditions of website usage
Access to the sites on the company’s homepage and its pages (webpages), as well as their use, is based on the following regulations. You are only entitled to view and use the website if you state your agreement with the following rules. Our general conditions for delivery and payment remain unaffected by the content of these general conditions of use, unless express reference is made to a change.
Subject to alterations
We retain the right to change the website, as well as these terms and conditions of use, at any time and without notice at their own discretion. The website can also be discontinued by us at any time and without notice. We are not obligated to update the content on the website.
Rights on the website and contents
Any rights to or rights conferred by the website are appertained to Uzin Utz Group or its allied companies unless otherwise explicitly arranged. The texts, documents, images, and illustrations published on this website are - unless otherwise stated - the sole property of Uzin Utz Group and its allied companies. Any commercial use or utilisation of the website and its contents is prohibited. The brands listed on this website are the property of Uzin Utz Group and its allied companies. The use or utilisation of these brands is expressly prohibited and constitutes a violation of trademark law. The existence of other copyright or property rights remains unaffected.
We do not accept any responsibility for the completeness, correctness, and/or currency of the information contained on the website. The user has access to the site in its “as is” state at the time. The user of our website agrees that they accept the risk associated with accessing the website and its contents. We are not responsible for damage resulting from use of this website, from the fact that the website cannot be used in whole or in part, or from loss of data or change of data on the transmission paths.
We make no guarantee that the products or goods described are always or still available. Please note further that the processing or utilisation of products or goods may only be done by competent contractors. The scope, as well as the manner, of usability or applicability of goods is the result of corresponding respective product data sheets, which are connected to the usage instructions provided on the packaging. It is the responsibility of the customer to inquire with us about the usability of individual goods. Mandatory legal regulations remain unaffected.
Internet links to third-party pages
Our websites contains shortcuts to third-party pages, using them is at the risk of the user. We neither guarantee the availability of these, nor accepts ownership of these sites or the views and other contents expressed on them.